Work @ Bit Tek Solutions
It’s an exciting yet challenging time. Computers are at the forefront of everything we do, as computer usuage has seen record growth, year after year. Our reliance and demand for computer related services and support personnel, continue to grow, being at an all time high. Now is the time to grow with us!
Technician (1 Job Available)
Job Type: Part Time, Hourly
Do you have a passion for hands-on problem solving? Do you love helping others by sharing your technical knowledge and skills? At Bit Tek Solutions, your customers will look to you as a trusted technical advisor. You will build upon their trust and loyalty, troubleshooting and repairing a wide range of technical products and services. You will use your amazing diagnostic and people skills, to assure all customers of a swift, yet accurate resolution that will build rapport and make you a trusted advisor. You offer advice on accompanying services and accessories that will further improve the customer’s experience. You also will educate your fellow team members, lending a hand however, and whenever, while independently keeping your own technical know-how up to date. You will provide expert sales advice and support, recommending all products and services that will complement the customer.
- Familiarity, and know how to use both Apple and PC products
- Strong people skills, a knack for problem solving, and sales.
- Ability to maintain patience, composure, and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
- Multi-tasking with the ability to quickly jump in to different roles when and where as needed.
- Use of remote support software such as Zoho Assist, TeamViewer or others
- Familiarity of online tools such as eBay, Facebook, Craigslist
As a Technician, you will provide compassionate expert advice to all new and existing customers. You will quickly and accurately diagnose product issues, explaining situations with patience and compassion. After determining the next best course of action for the client, you will offer solutions to quickly get users up and running again. Even if you’re juggling more than one customer, you stay conscious of their time demands as well as your own. You will perform Bit Tek Solutions service commitment with integrity, speed, and skill. Earning the trust of customers and coworkers alike as you offer mentorship, knowledge, and even tips and training. All customer interactions, repairs, services performed, must all be documented in to our ticketing system. You will be running our POS, answering and making phone calls. You will be expected to know the basic fundamentals of how to solder/micro solder chips, capacitors, and other electronic components too and from boards. At times if it is not busy, you will be expected to do your part to market Bit Tek Solutions by using social media, handing out business cards and or flyers. Yet you must be humble enough to never let any job beneath you, and that means cleaning the restrooms too.
- High school diploma or GED
- Criminal background check
- Drug screening check
- S. work authorization
- Clean and neat appearance
- Sales in person, over the phone, online, and up-selling when appropriate
- 1 year or more of related job experience or 1 year of formal education or certification
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to climb a ladder
- Valid drivers license
- Work with minimal supervision
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must wear a face mask when asked or required to do so
- An aptitude for acquiring skills in technical repairs and an eagerness to constantly learn.
- Time management skills with effective prioritization, making accurate and confident decisions quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Thrive in little to no supervision elements, yet demonstrating shared responsibility and accountability, while working with other team members.
- Flexibility with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
Desired Qualifications (Not Required)
- A+ Certification
- 2 years of work experience and or 2 years or more of formal education
- Use of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Use of WordPress
- Use of VOIP services
- CCTV and or security equipment
- Networking and server(s) operation
We take all clients and staff safety very seriously. We use disinfectant chemicals, isopropyl alcohol and wipes, face masks, and hepa air filtration.
- $12.00 or DOE
- Commission pay
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Free coffee
- Free uniform
- Employee family and friends discounts